Do you want a fix on “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” error? then you are at the right place, since the release of Windows 10, Microsoft has revolutionized the world with a global impact on the community and how we use computers every day.
People love windows for many reasons, but because nothing is perfect, even windows have errors. After installing Windows 10, users are asked to provide a license key for removing any restriction on Windows features.
However, many users reported an issue of “Your Windows license will expire soon” which resulted in them facing some customizing problems on their personal computer.
We currently have plenty of fixes to completely eliminate this problem so that you can reuse your Windows license key without paying for a new one.
So, read the full article and follow the steps below to fix your licensing problem in the meantime and get rid of this annoying error for good.
Ways to Fix “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon”:
Fix 1: Launch Windows Troubleshoot
Every windows application comes with its own troubleshoot program that tries to fix the problem on its own by resetting the default items to get rid of any user-made improvements.
Moreover, in many cases, the Microsoft troubleshoot program comes very handy to deal with any activation errors like Your Windows License Will Expire Soon from your system automatically.
- Press the Windows + X key and select the settings button from the displayed menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Update & Security.
- After doing that look for the troubleshoot window on the left side of your side menu.
- Select the additional troubleshoots option from the bottom of the page.
- Now click on the windows update section to resolve any problems related to updating windows and license keys.
- Hopefully, this will help you in solving your windows problem automatically. If not move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Relaunch Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer is a quick navigation menu that lets you easily access files and folders on your computer.
It has a list of simple items that sometimes slow down the process and need to be restarted to regain control over your Windows settings.
Simply follow these step by step instructions to get Windows Explorer up and running in no time
- Open your Task Manager file by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl+ Alt + Del key from the keyboard.
- Wait for the Task Manager to open and look for Windows Explorer in the list of current tasks.
- Once you find it, right-click to open a drop-down menu.
- Now select the option to End The Process to continue.
- Later, click the File button from the top menu in your Task Manager.
- Then select the Start New Task and a dialog box will appear in front of you.
- Enter the input “explorer.exe” in the specified location and click the OK button to start.
- While the setup is running, press & holding Windows key + X and selecting the command prompt option from the list.
- Just enter the command “slmgr -rearm” and don’t forget to put a space after slmgr.
- Now press Enter, close the Command line, and restart your computer to see if the problem got solved or not.
Fix 3: Reconfigure Group Policy
Windows 10 has introduced a group policy section to manage and access the settings page for dealing with a problem related to the user and license agreements.
Many people have found this method useful as some users have reported that changing the group policy settings can clear this issue, once for all.
Here’s a way to change your group policy settings on windows 10
- Press the Start + R Key from your keyboard to activate the run program on your dashboard of the window.
- When the dialogue box appears enter the command “gpedit.msc” and click ok to open group policies.
- When you reach the Local Group Policy window select the computer configuration on the right side of your screen.
- Now open the Administrative Templates folder and click on the windows components panel.
- From there find the Windows Update section at the bottom of the list.
- Later, click on the “No-auto restart with user logged on from automated updates installation” key.
- Select the enable button from the popped up dialogue box and press ok to apply the settings.
- Lastly, restart your computer to check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 4: Access The Windows Product Key
Some uses stated that reentry in the product key on a Windows 10 computer helps them gain access to all of its functionality without seeing the message of any license expression on their machine.
Follow the below steps to access and reapply your Windows Product Key
- Open the start menu and search for the command prompt.
- Run it as an administrator by clicking it once and choosing the option from the right side menu.
- Copy and paste the command “wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey“.
- Taken note of your original license key in a notepad file.
- Now access the settings panel by quickly holding on to the Windows + I button.
- Then go to the update and security section at the bottom of the settings page.
- Navigate your way to find the Activation Panel on the left side of the menu.
- Select the Change Product Key option and paste the original key that you stored in your notepad file.
- Continue with the setup and restart your computer and your problem will be solved.
Final Words on Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Issue
“Your Windows license will expire soon” is a common Windows activation problem that is seen in many operating systems and varies between Windows 8 and Windows 10.
In general, this message does not mean that your Windows license has expired as it is usually caused by technical issues and software bugs that we cover in this article so you can get rid of all your Windows 10 problems with easy to follow steps that anyone can implement in their computer.
I hope that you found a solution to your licensing problem and if you have any recommendations or questions, feel free to ask us a question in the comments section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.