Want to know how you can also fix the error of “you don’t have permission to access on this server”? on your browser page, then you are at the right place, so keep reading.
This error can be caused due to three conditions and it mainly shows up in the Mozilla Firefox browser because sometimes the browser tries to access the web page with different proxy settings or a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is connected with your windows PC.
Methods to fix ‘You Don’t Have Permission To Access on this Server‘
It is an easy fix and it generally takes a few minutes to fix these errors of access denied websites, so follow the solutions given below step by step and your error will be fixed in no time at all.
Also, remember to follow the steps in the right order because it can mess things up for you if you missed the right order of things.
Solution 1. Clear Browser data
Sometimes this error occurs because some cookies are stored in your browser, the website might try to block it by showing this kind of error.
It’s an easy fix, you just have to clean your cookie data that is stored in your browser. Remember to save your password before trying this method because sometimes with cookies files passwords are deleted too.
1. Look for the three dots in your browser (It should be present on the right side).
2. After clicking on it a drop-down menu should appear.
3. Locate the “Settings ” button or cogwheel icons for some browsers.
4. A new settings tab should open in your browser.
5. Scroll down and find Privacy and security settings.
6. In it select the option that says Clear Browser Data.
7. A popup should appear in it select all the checkboxes and click on “Clear Data“.
After it is done restart your browser and reload the page and the error should be gone by now.
Solution 2. Turn off VPN services from VPN Software.
If you are using a VPN service and getting this error try this method or if you are not using one you should skip this solution. The VPN that you are using might be connecting you with another country and the website might be blocked there, so try disconnecting your VPN from your computer.
1. Find the VPN service that you are using on your computer and open it.
2. After opening it click on the Disconnect button and close the program.
Try refreshing the screen and your problem may fix. If it’s not fixed, move to the next solution.
We also recommend you to download and install, the Advanced System Care tool, it’s an all-in-one PC optimizer to clean junk files, sweep privacy traces, and boost startup. Speed up with the new AI Mode. Smarter & Faster than ever before.
Solution 3. Remove VPN extractions installed.
A VPN extension might be hiding your IP address and showing it as another country’s address and the sight that you are trying to access might be blocked in that area of the country.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Go to the settings shown in step one.
3. Click on the “Extension” button on the left side menu in settings.
4. Look for any VPN-related extension.
5. Click on the remove button.
6. Again click on the Remove button of the pop to permanently remove the extension.
Solution 4. Disable the Proxy Service of your VPN Provider.
If you have downloaded some suspicious software from one of the pirated software sights then they might have changed your proxy setting. To fix this just follow the steps.
1. Go to your taskbar at the bottom right of your window.
2. Find your network icon and “left-click” on it.
3. A menu will pop up, and select “Open Network & Internet Settings“.
4. After opening on the bottom left you should see a “Proxy” button click it.
5. Select the toggle button that says “Automatically detect Setting“.
Refresh your page to check if your problem “you don’t have permission to access this server” is fixed or not. If it’s still not fixed you have to manually adjust your proxy setting and for doing that follow the next step.
Solution 5. Disable the Proxy Service of your LAN.
This step generally fixes the problem. It is like a brute force way of fixing things, so before moving to this step you should have already finished with earlier fixes in the list.
1. Hold Win + R key to open run commands.
2. On the input, menu type “inetcpl.cpl” and click enter.
3. Find “Connections” on the top menu then click on it.
4. Click “LAN Settings” on the bottom.
5. In the new Local Area Network (LAN) Settings tab find “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and uncheck it if it is checked.
6. Then select Apply and OK.
After that restart your computer and refresh the page and check if the issue of ‘you don’t have permission to access / on this server. is fixed. Now you should be able to access your web page without any problems.
Q. Why this error is showing?
The Error you don’t have permission to access on this server is basically happening due to three reasons.
The first reason could be that your browser is loaded with a lot of cookies data which the server is rejecting, the second reason could be that is masking your IP and showing a new IP address of another country and the sight may be banned in that region of the country and lastly, the third reason could be that your Proxy settings are messed up due to some malware or program that you installed.
All three problems are easily fixable so just follow the above steps in the guide to fix these problems.
Q. How do I fix this Access Denied error?
Just follow the step-by-step guide provided above to fix this problem in the least amount of time. Also, remember to start from first and end at last the order of things should be the same for fixing this error.
This is quite a common error in the modern web browser but it is mainly seen in the Mozilla Firefox browser and it can also show up in other browsers too like google chrome. In the above solution, we have tried to show you the best and fastest way possible to fix this error of Access Denied in very little time.
We hope that this article helped you in fixing your error of “you don’t have permission to access on this server” by letting you access the website that you wished to see.