So, what is OpenAL? You may not have heard of OpenAL until you install a new graphics card on your computer which contained a program called OpenAL that was added directly to your machine.
OpenAL is not a virus, but it is a mandatory program that is usually required to play some of the latest games and perform general tasks on your Windows computer.
Usually, OpenAL doesn’t consume too much CPU or memory while playing, but some users try to uninstall the program which can cause some problems.
So, if you are wondering if it is safe to remove OpenAL from your computer then this guide is for you. Read on to learn more about OpenAL and its features because this post will help you better understand what OpenAL is and whether it is safe to remove OpenAL from your computer.
What is OpenAL?
OpenAL or Open Audio Library is a multi-channel, cross-platform 3D audio solution that comes as a simple API in your system default settings.
This program is used to enhance your gaming experience by providing a clear display and good sound quality to your computer with the help of a graphics card.
Many users have used this program before or will use it in the future. Hence, it is very important to know whether you need to delete it immediately or leave it on your system forever.
Obviously, OpenAL is a harmless program until it starts to of slowing down your system, draining your CPU, or misbehaving in any other way which is not a common cause.
What are the reasons to uninstall OpenAL?
Some users also try to free up space on their Windows computer so that they remove all unnecessary programs that are not needed on the computer.
If you are experiencing some lagging issues in your audio or video quality while rendering a 3D model or while playing games on your computer then it is probably due to corrupt OpenAL software which you can fix easily by updating its Rapture3D drivers.
Remember, if you want to play multiplayer games on your device with better sound quality in your audio applications on any Windows (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7) then you should not uninstall the OpenAL software.
Even after you remove the program from your computer, you can reinstall it because the program comes with a free license that allows you to download it from the official OpenAL website to get back its benefits on your machine.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using OpenAL on your Computer?
These are some of the common advantages and disadvantages of using open in modern computers which you should look at before uninstalling the program from your device.
- OpenAL free API helps with some installations of applications.
- OpenAL improves sound & video quality while playing games.
- OpenAL stabilizes your graphics drivers to improve the gaming experience.
- OpenAL helps in running a 3D cross-platform application on Windows.
- OpenAL does not support Android applications.
- OpenAL is not required by every modern Game.
- OpenAL can cause sound repeating problems.
- Volume control settings can get disturbed by OpenAL.
- OpenAL can slow down your processing speeds in some cases.
How to Remove OpenAL?
Keep in mind that when you remove Open and Software from your Windows computer in the future, you may run into some errors, especially while playing high-end games that are heavy on your GPU. Even if you uninstall the software, new files can be easily installed to replace the missing OpenAL application by following our step-by-step guide to getting the benefits back to your computer.
1) Click the “Start” menu and look for a control panel on the left section.
2) After opening the Control Panel, find the uninstall area and click the “Uninstall a program” button.
3) In the new window look for “Uninstall-openalweax-exe-using-Control-Panel-Direct” and click on it.
4) Click the Uninstall button in the drop-down menu to continue.
5) Finally, follow the instructions and you’ll be done in a few seconds.
You can also download many of the Un-installers presents in the market to easily uninstall the program with a single click of a button on your computer.
Some of the best uninstaller programs of 2020 are:
IObit Uninstaller Free.
Wise Program Uninstaller.
Advanced Uninstaller Pro.
Revo Uninstaller Free.
How to Download & Install OpenAL?
1) Visit the official OpenAL website at “https://openal.org/“.
2) Click on the download button from the top menu.
3) You can select between SDK and Windows version to move forward with the download.
4) Afterwards, run the program in administrative settings on your windows computer.
5) Follow, the instructions and you’ll be done in a few seconds.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed and downloaded the OpenAL software on your machine.
Note: There are other ways to install OpenAL programs on your Windows computer. For Example by using Driver Booster or any other third-party applications to easily and quickly download, update, and install OpenAL and other applications on your computer.
Final Words on what is OpenAL
The OpenAL software may seem useless on your computer, but the truth is that it has pros and cons that can cause the program to malfunction if it is not properly installed on your system.
The general rule is that you shouldn’t interfere with the default system programs, which could cause problems in the future as there are still many applications in the market that still uses OpenAL software to function properly.
Moreover, there are better ways to increase the speed of your computer and avoid the problems you might encounter when trying to delete the OpenAL.exe file. If you have a problem with your OpenAL version, you can simply upgrade to the latest version to clear all system errors.
We hope that by reading our article you understood the importance of OpenAL. If you’re still in doubt of the title called What Is OpenAL? Is It Safe To Remove From Your Computer? feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll try to answer as soon as we can.