What is Computer: A computer is a device that accepts information in the form of digitized data and processes it for some result based on software. It also stores, retrieves, and processes the data into it. It has the power to accept the data as an (input), processes it, and then produce outputs.
Modern computers are electronic devices that are used for several purposes like creating applications, playing video games, browsing the web, writing documents, editing videos, etc.
Overview of computer
What are the main components of Computer
There are several parts of the computer and each of the parts has a different function, which altogether makes a computer. Find the below part names and their functions.
- Motherboard: A motherboard is one of the most fundamental components of a computer system. It has many components inside, including the central processing unit (CPU), RAM, and connectors for input and output devices etc.
- Processor: It is also known as a central processing unit (CPU), This processor handles all the basic system instructions, such as processing mouse and keyboard input and running applications. Its basic function is to receive input and transmit the output.
- Ram: RAM full is random access memory” it is one of the most essential elements of the computer. RAM is the super-fast and temporary data storage space that a computer needs to access right now or in the next few moments.
- Hard Disk: A hard disk is the hardware component that stores all of your digital data such as Operating systems documents, pictures, music, videos, programs, and applications, on a hard drive.
- SMPS: SMPS full form is a switched-mode power supply, that uses a switching regulator to control and stabilize the output voltage by switching the load current on and off. It offers a greater power conversion and reduces the overall power loss
- CPU Fan: A CPU fan is a hardware material that keeps the overall computer cool by circulating air.
- CD-ROM: Full form of CD-ROM is Compact Disc Read-Only Memory, which is an optical disc.
- Keyboard: A keyboard is the primary input device used with a computer. The keyboard is composed of buttons that create letters, numbers, and symbols, as well as other functions.
- Mouse: A mouse is a hardware input device that controls a cursor in a GUI (graphical user interface) and it can be used to move and select the text, icons, files, and other folders on your computer.
- Monitor: A monitor is an output device that displays videos, text, and images, etc.
- Network card: It is also referred to as an ethernet card used to connect to the network with the help of RJ45 ethernet network cable.
- Power Supply: is a hardware component of a computer that supplies power to all other components.
- Printer: A printer is an external hardware output device for the computer that takes the electronic data stored on a computer and generates a hard copy of it.
- Sound card: it is an audio output card, soundboard used for producing sound on a computer that can be heard through speakers or headphones.
- Speakers: A computer speaker is an output hardware device that generates sound when it connects to a computer.
- Video card: Video card is an expansion card that connects to a computer motherboard. It is used to create a picture on a display.
What are the necessary parts that make a computer work
A computer does not require all the components to function as mentioned above, it can perform even with the minimum parts listed below.
- Motherboard: that provides a basic connection between all the other hardware components and devices (internal and external).
- Processor: This component processes and executes inputs received from hardware and software.
- Ram: A temporary data storage space that stores the information the CPU is actively using.
- Hard Disk: A storage device where data is stored on a permanent basis. It’s slower but less volatile than the RAM.
How Computers Changed Our Life?
The computer has recognized as the most important life-changing and successful invention solving the problems in human life.
Today, where business caters, these computers are playing an important role. Look at the educational sector, students are getting educated with the help of computers, health center’s performance are improving, transportation, or communication sector, we can notice the influence and drastic impact of computer on our day to day life.
History of the computer
The first digital computer and what most people think of as a computer was called the ENIAC. It was built during World War II (1943-1946) and was designed to help automate the calculations being done by human computers.
By doing these calculations on a computer, they could achieve results much faster and with fewer errors.
Early computers like the ENIAC used vacuum tubes and were large (sometimes room size) and only found in businesses, universities, or governments.
Later, computers began to utilize transistors as well as smaller and cheaper parts that allowed the ordinary person to own a computer.
Hope you find this article interesting and a quite amount of knowledge about ‘what is computer‘ you must have grabbed from this post. For any technical related query go to our home page and find your related problem on this website https://computertopic.com.