Quick Fix: “Access denied” error.
- The issue is mainly due to the IP address assigned by your Internet Provider getting mismatched with your System browser.
- Try to Disable the VPN software from your computer, and try to check the Access Denied problem.
- Change the browser or switch to another browser to avoid the You don’t have permission to access on this server error message.
- Check if you have added the VPN chrome extension in the google chrome browser, kindly disable it.
What are the platforms where I can find this type of error?
- Browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc, where you can find (You don’t have permission to access on this server) error.
- You don’t have permission to access this server on Mac, iOS or Android
- You don’t have permission to access / on this server. apache
- You don’t have permission to access the requested URL on this server along with the reference code.
Also Read: What are the Ways to Fix “DNS Server Unavailable” in Windows 10
Methods to fix ‘You Don’t Have Permission To Access on this Server‘
We can understand how frustrating it can be for you when you are not able to access a particular website and can’t figure out why.
It’s hard to figure out what cause has led to the error in your case. So, Below we have listed down the top best methods to rectify this annoying error.
You need to try one-by-one methods until you find the success in solving the error message of Access Denied (You Don’t Have Permission To Access on this Server)
- Disable Your VPN Software
- Forget the Website in Firefox
- Turn Off Your VPN Extensions
- Disable Proxy Server in Windows 10
- Download a Premium VPN
- Clear Your Browser Data
- Reset the Browser
Method 1. Clear the chrome Browser data
In the Chrome browser, you may have browsed too many site’s and respective site data cookies might have been stored in your browser, the website might try to block it by showing this kind of Access Denied error.
It’s an easy fix, you can easily clear cookies data stored in the browser. Let’s check out the step-by-step clearing of google chrome browser cookies.
- Locate the three dots on the right side of your browser.
- A drop-down menu will appear, locate the setting option from the menu.
- A new setting window will appear, navigate to Privacy and security settings.
- For privacy and security, click on clear browser data.
- Don’t forget to select All time option on the Time range menu.
- Select by checking the Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Then click the Clear data button to clear browser data.
Clearing browsing data will solve the Access Denied error because it makes the browser think you have visited the specific website for the first time and it will allow your site without any error.
Note: Before clearing or deleting cookies data, you need to save your passwords stored in the browser otherwise you may lose them while clearing the cookie data.
Method 2. Disable VPN software From Your PC
Only if you are using VPN software on your computer, you should try this method, otherwise, you can skip this step.
The more digital our life becomes, the more we are at risk from hackers, so it’s important to install the VPN software in your system.
It will assign a different IP address to your computer, so whenever it find unsecured websites or untrusted site it will block those websites with an Access Denied error “You Don’t Have Permission To Access on this Server”
So here are the steps below you use and solve the issue.
- Open the control panel, and locate the program and features category.
- Next, select your VPN application and right-click on it. Select the Disable option to disable the VPN service.
- Or, you can also disable VPN extensions from your taskbar section as shown in the picture below.
- Now you can easily access your website using the standard connection and check if the problem persists.
Method 3. Clear all data for a specific website in Mozilla Firefox
If you are using the Firefox browser on your laptop to access a particular website, then you should clear all data for that website from your respective browser, to do so below is the step-by-step guide.
- After launching the Firefox browser, you need to press the Ctrl + H key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- You will see a list of websites, you need to Right-click on the website and a context menu will pop up.
- Click on Forget About This Site option and your issue will be solved.
Method 4. Remove VPN extension installed
In the past you may have installed VPN extensions into your google Chrome or Firefox browser, VPN extensions might cause this error.
It acts as the same thing as the dedicated VPN software, more or less the functions are the same.
It assigns a separate IP address and might be blocked on the server which you are trying to access.
So below are the steps, you can try to remove the extension from your browser when you find this sort of Access denied error.
For Chrome Browser:
- Open the google Chrome browser and click the three dots located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on More Tools a drop-down menu will show
- Then select the Extensions option.
- Find the VPN extensions and toggle it off.
For Mozilla Firefox Browser:
- Launch the Firefox browser and click on the menu.
- Then click Add-ons and Themes from the dropdown menu.
- Next, you have to select the Extensions tab and search for a VPN browser extension. Once found, toggle to turn it off from your browser.
For Microsoft Edge Browser:
- Open the Edge browser and type in “edge://extensions/” in the address bar.
- Then search for the VPN extensions.
- Next, toggle the VPN extension to turn it off.
Also Read: Top 5 Ways to Fix ‘You Don’t Have Permission To Access on this Server’
Method 5. Disable the Proxy Server in your Windows
If you have set the proxy setting in your respective browser, then it might cause the error of “Access Denied” some users have reported that their issue has been resolved after deselecting the “Proxy Server” option.
The proxy server is generally used by companies who need network traffic filtered.
So if you work in any company, and want to solve the access denied error message then follow the below steps to disable Windows 10 proxy server option:
- Press Windows + S key on your keyboard, Windows search box will open for you.
- Then type in internet options in the search box.
- The Internet Properties small window will pop up, then go to the Connections tab.
- Then click on the LAN settings tab below. A Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window will open.
- Then, click the checkbox Use a proxy server for your LAN option
- Finally click on OK to apply.
Method 6. Reset your browser
Resetting your chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser may fix “Access Denied” issue immediately, as resetting the browser will clear all data and also remove the installed VPN extension permanently from your browser.
The Access Denied error is normally a network error. So, disabling VPN services or clearing browser data are the most probable fixes for it.
- Type chrome://settings/ in the browser’s URL address bar in the google chrome browser and hit Enter.
- On the right side of the chrome locate the Advanced options click on it, and a drop-down Settings options will be shown.
- Scroll down to the Reset and Clean Up option.
- Click that option.
- Then on the left side, you will see Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Just click on it, and a Reset setting window will pop up.
- Click on the reset setting and confirm.
- To do the same thing in Firefox, open the mozilla Firefox browser, Open the menu button and select Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- You will see the Refresh Firefox button below.
Resetting all browser data will make the browser fresh, and the error of access denied will be solved.
Method 7. Download and Install A Premium VPN services
Freeware VPNs are generally poor in connection with the internet and don’t provide many benefits as compared to premium ones.
It is the main reason for the access denied error on this server. Disabling the VPN means you will lose all the security and private perks.
So buying a premium VPN software will provide you with many VPN robust security features and many IP addresses and proxy servers to switch to if you get blocked with a particular IP while browsing.
It could be confusing to find the right VPN software for your browsing.
Below are some of the best paid VPN service in the market which you can buy online by clicking on them:
Once you install the premium VPN into your system, then try to access the blocked site in your browser.
- Surfshark VPN
- Express VPN
You don’t have permission to access on this server Mac
On your Mac, you need to select any item, then choose File > Get Info.
- Click on the arrow button > next to the Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.
- Then click pop-up menu next to your username to check the permissions settings.
- If you have not logged in as an administrator, you may need to click the lock to unlock it, then enter an administrator credential.
- Then you can change the permissions to either Read & Write or “Read-only”.
You don’t have permission to access on this server chrome
- Clearing Chrome browser cookies and history too.
- Disabling VPN software and VPN extensions.
- Disabling browser proxy settings.
- Installing a premium VPN service into your system.
- Resetting chrome browser data.
You don’t have permission to access / on this server. Wamp
Many users are facing the problem in WAMP, getting a message “Forbidden – You don’t have permission to access / on this server” and can not be able to access PHPMYADMIN
We have found the solution for this security.
- Go to the wamp64 and locate this file HTTPd-vhosts.conf
find this section:
## Virtual Hosts#
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
and apply this line
Require all granted
- Next, go to PHPMYADMIN.conf or search for wamp64
- change Require local to be Require all granted
- restart your wamp server and your issue will be resolved.
You don’t have permission to access / on this Apache servers
You must change the context before it can allow access.
The following command resolve the problem:
chcon -Rt httpd_sys_content_t [target directory]
chcon -Rt httpd_sys_content_t /var/www/html
You don’t have permission to access this server safari
Sometimes it can be the case that the website might be down. However, if it isn’t working on Safari, then try clearing the browser cache and cookies, disabling the VPN extension and other extensions, checking for the latest software updates, etc. are a few working solutions that often resolve the loading issue.
Why Is “Access Denied” Error message on this server?
It occurs when a website finds out you are using a different proxy configuration than the settings that are set for it on their device. Usually, this happens because of network problems on your browser and this could cause your website to get blocked by your browser. I have two main ways of getting it resolved. Below can be fixed if the problem persists.
Hope you have used a suitable method to solve the access denied “You don’t have permission to access on this server“ error on your computer.
Some of you might still be struggling to solve the issue. Try commenting below in the comment section, where you have been stuck, we will try to help you out with your issue.