This site can’t be reached mac: Oftentimes, you can run into some annoying server issues like Site cannot be reached, err_connection_timed_out, the website is taking too much time to load, and more.
This usually occurs due to poor DNS response, scripts, or other server issues. DNS actually means Domain Name Servers, which can be referred to as directories with IP addresses that help in loading web pages from hosts. If you have a slow internet connection or due to other issues, your browser may display an error and may not be able to connect to the host.
This error can occur even if you have a very good internet connection. And this is a common error on Windows and Mac. Here we only look at Mac problems to fix errors in Chrome.
Before continuing, make sure that The web address is correct, the Internet is working and, No antivirus app is installed
What are the solutions to fix “This site can’t be reached mac” error
Solution 1: Use VPN
The website may have been closed by the administrator or blocked by the ISP due to a problem. This is a very common error when trying to download torrents or streaming sites without permission. A simple VPN extension can be very useful for creating a proxy tunnel for loading websites. we would recommend using turbo VPN it is very fast and secure.
Solution 2: Clear browser cache
Clearing your browser cache may help if the problem is caused by corrupted cookie files and cached error pages.
- Open Chrome browser > click the 3-dot menu icon > More tools > Clear browsing data.
- On the next screen, select All Time as “Time Range“, check to browse history, cookies, cached images, and click on the Clear Data button.
After clearing your cache and browsing history, try logging into the same webpage again to see if you still get the “This website could not be reached” error message.
Solution 3: Change TCP/IPV4 on Mac
TCP is a transmission protocol that helps manage network calls that application programs can use to exchange data. Incorrect IPV4/TCP can cause connection problems in Chrome. The following settings can help you solve the problem.
- Open system settings.
- Go to the Network Settings option
- On the WiFi Connections tab, click the Advanced option.
- Under TCP/IP,
- Change the IPv4 configuration to use DHCP.
- Click Renew DHCP Lease, then click Ok
Solution 4: Remove extension
Chrome extensions are great tools to help improve the performance of your web browser. However, some extensions may interfere with normal page loading. This can happen after a Chrome update or Chrome extension, or “This website cannot be reached” error for some websites
Some extensions can also block scripts on web pages, causing the page to crash. So, it’s important to remove extensions and web apps from Chrome unless absolutely necessary.
To check all the extensions installed in your browser, just type chrome://extensions/ in the URL of the Omni Box and tick all the extensions to remove the unnecessary ones.
Solution 5: Reset Chrome Browser
This website cannot be reached. Chrome browser errors can be caused by browser extensions or changes in browser settings.
- Open the Chrome browser, click the 3-dot menu icon > Settings.
- Scroll down the Settings screen and click on advanced options.
- Scroll down to advanced settings and click Reset Settings.
- Click the Reset Settings button in the pop-up window.
After resetting the Chrome browser, try opening a web page to see if the Chrome browser on your computer still displays the “This site can’t be reached ” in the mac.
Solution 6: DNS wash and reset network adapter
Clearing the DNS cache and resetting the network adapter can fix various network connectivity issues on Windows computers.
- Right-click the Start button and click Command Prompt (Administrator).
Open Command Prompt Administrator in Windows 10
- In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
Wash DNS from the command line
Then type the following commands and press Enter after each of these commands.
reset netsh Winsock
- Close the Command Prompt window and restart your computer.
Now try to load the web page you want to access and see if you still get the “This website cannot be reached” error message in the Chrome browser.
Solution 7: Clear browser data
This is a quick fix that you should definitely try. All you have to do is clear your search history and browsing history.
- Open the menu. (from the 3 dots in the top right corner)
- Click on History
- Now click on Clear browsing data on the left sidebar.
- Here click on the Advanced tab
- Highlight the following five areas:
- clear browser history
- Delete download history
- Delete cookies and other website and plug-in data
- clear cache
- Host application data
Conclusion on ‘this site can’t be reached mac’ error
Hope this article helped in fixing the error This site can’t be reached on mac. if you are still stuck and confused in any step then feel free to comment below we would happy to help.