System thread exception not handled is a technical error that generally occurs with the users of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
It generally happens while you are doing your random work and also sometimes while starting up the windows; there will be Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) which is one of the technical errors that occur due to the corrupted files as well as driver malfunctioning.
When there is a BSOD screen appearing in your display, the pc will automatically reboot itself according to its configuration. But sometimes in most cases, it doesn’t work and the blue screen error will appear again and again.
How To Fix This System Thread Exception Not Handled Error:
system_thread_exception_not_handled” this kind of error is commonly observed during the restart of the PC and can get your computer stuck in a reboot loop.
In most cases, while starting your pc this blue screen will appear in your display due to the corrupted files, driver malfunctioning, and sometimes when your graphic card gets outdated i.e. of the older version.
To get rid of these errors we will help you by giving you the best ways to fix this error, right down below.
1. Boot Computer into Safe Mode
In many cases, if you are having trouble booting up the computer or not getting restart properly, then the first step should be to take your PC into safe mode, from the safe mode you can perform activities of updating the drivers, if the drivers are corrupted, or Using the System Restore method to Restore your PC.
Let us see the steps to proceed into Safe Mode.
1. But before that, it is likely that you won’t be able to get access to your settings, we are going to get you to boot into Windows Recovery Environment.
2. First, Hold down the power button of your PC for at least 10 seconds so that it turns off. once done, then again press the power button of your computer to turn it back on. Repeat it until you enter into Windows Recovery Environment (winRE) window.
3. Once you enter the winRE, you have to go to the “Troubleshoot” option from the list. Then choose “Advanced Options,” “Startup settings,” and “restart”.
4. Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. You have to press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
5. You can also Restart your pc by press hold Shift and F8 key until and unless the recovery screen is visible.
6. After clicking on recovery you get three options; here you have to click on the Troubleshoot button.
7. On clicking on troubleshoot your pc will be restarted and it will stop at the Advanced Boot options on your screen, which allows selecting the safe mode.
8. Press the Safe mode to access your pc.
2. Uninstall The Graphic Card Driver
Once you enter into the safe mode on windows 10 pc, uninstall the graphic card driver; to solve the problem of system thread exception not handled error. Here are some following steps you can do.
1. Press Windows + R key, a RUN dialog box will pop up, and type in devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
2. Navigate to the associated device and expand the menu. For instance, if the error was being caused by a display driver, you would have to expand the Display adapters option.
3. Right-click and uninstall the graphics card driver and restart the pc.
4. Once you are done with the above instructions, download the latest version of the graphic card driver and install it on your pc.
3. Search And Repair The Corrupted Files In Your Windows
When you have some corrupted files in your windows, you will face errors and mostly it will hang your pc and lead to many other issues.
To get resolved from this, you can use the CHKDSK command which helps you know whether your windows have any corrupt files. This command not only helps in searching the corrupted files but also repairs the corrupted files too.
To run the command you have to do as follows:
1. First of all launch the Command Prompt by pressing the key ‘Windows key + X’ and then press the “A” key.
2. Just write the command CHKDSK C: /F /R and then press the enter button.
3. Press the ‘Y’ button.
4. And then reboot your pc, and your windows will automatically start checking whether your system has any corrupted files or not and it will take little time.
So don’t turn off your pc otherwise it will create errors in your system and loss of data too.
4. Check BSOD to Fix System thread exception not handled windows 10
1. Whenever you get this blue screen on your display, just close the pc by pressing the power button continuously till it gets off.
2. After getting off then press the ON button continuously and it opens and displays the Windows logo while doing boot.
3. When you get the recovery option, just go to the Troubleshoot-Advanced Options – Command Prompt.
4. Run the following code in command Prompt.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
5. After running the command if you still get the error and your problem does not solve; then you should have to run another code.
6. Run this code in Command Prompt.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
7. After running the code just closes the Command Prompt and reboots your pc.
–Steps To Do, If You Don’t Find The Recovery Option For Your Pc:
- Sometimes you can’t get the recovery option; in that case you have to get the installation media of your windows which could be either in DVD or a bootable USB of 8 GB, and also you need good internet access.
- Enter the DVD in your disc or insert the USB into your pc. By doing this just Power on your pc and continuously keep tapping F2 till you get to the boot menu. To enter in the boot menu it will differ from system to system. You get to know this by checking the system manufacturing website.
- After getting the boot menu select USB drive if you insert the USB otherwise select CD/DVD if you insert the DVD in your pc.
- By doing this you will get a command to “press any key”, and press the Next button before checking your time, language, and keyboard in which you are fine with.
- Now you are able to see the Repair button which is in the left corner of the display.
5. Some other facts to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Error
Most likely the above instruction will help you to get rid of the “System Thread Exception Not Handled windows 10” error on your pc.
Instead of that if you are not able to get rid of these errors then you can do the following instruction which is mentioned in the next paragraph, so the points are as follows:
1. You will have to update your Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) as it allows the operating system to communicate with hardware and also make the pc to perform perfectly.
2. You have to set the GPU to their defaults.
3. And you have to Reinstall Windows 10; by doing this you will completely wipe out data and make your pc new.
4. You can also run memory diagnostics. It is hard to instantly diagnose a problem as most of the PCs have multiple Ram chips, but the benefit of having multiple is that all of them cannot fail together if one fails then the other will handle it.
Conclusion on ‘system thread exception not handled windows 10‘ error
If your pc is not getting recovered from ‘System Thread Exception Not Handled Error’, you might be dealing with defective and hardware. So you must visit the customer care of your system to seek help, otherwise, it will be worse for your pc.