Realtek Audio Driver: You’ve probably heard the term driver, but most of us don’t even know what it means!
Drivers are basically hardware specific software that increases their functionality by helping your computer connect easily. Likewise, by using an audio driver, you can improve your audio performance in one of two ways, to receive audio or send audio to your computer.
These audio drivers are essential in the process of recording and mixing different types of audio together to give you a smooth experience on your Windows computer.
However, if your audio driver was removed from your computer, you may experience some serious problems with your speakers, including making multiple sounds strange on your speaker.
Therefore, the audio driver should always be updated and keep in check to output the best sound quality on your Windows 10 PC.
How you can easily fix Realtek Audio Driver issues?
Follow these simple steps to make your Realtek HD audio driver work smoothly on Windows 10 system area and if one method doesn’t work then move on to the next solution until you find a fix to your problem.
Fix 1: Check if your Realtek Audio Driver is enabled or not.
Some Realtek audio drivers may have disappeared from Windows 10 Task Manager. You will then be unable to access the Control Panel to fix it. You can easily restore the Audio Manager taskbar by manually enabling it in Task Manager.
To do so, follow these steps:
- To open Task Manager, hold down Ctrl + Shift + keyboard escape key.
- Then open the Startup tab from the top menu bar.
- Now navigate to the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Left click on it and select enable option.
- Close the tab and refresh the screen a few times.
- Check if the Realtek Audio Driver problem is fixed.
Note: If you can’t find the Start menu, you can click the More Details tab at the bottom of the Task Manager.
Fix 2: Uninstall & Re-Install Realtek Audio Driver on Windows 10.
Most of the time Realtek Audio Driver is left un-updated or the previous driver file contains some bug that could cause this problem in the device’s audio output.
Fixing this problem is quite easy and you just have to uninstall and reinstall the program to get rid of any unchecked errors.
- Press and hold Windows + X key on your keyboard and from the drop-down menu selective Device Manager option.
- Now go to the bottom of the page and look for “Sound, Video And Game Controllers“.
- Click on the dropdown icon and select the Realtek high definition audio drive.
- Then left-click on it and uninstall the driver from your device. Also, remember to note down the model number of your sound card.
- After the installation has been completed go to the Realtek official website and download the drivers on your device.
- Install the downloaded setup file on your Windows 10 computer and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 3: Troubleshoot Windows Audio Service
If you are not receiving sound on your Windows 10 device, it could be because of your Windows audio service, which you can access via the service manager in system settings.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard simultaneously to open a start command prompt on your computer.
- Now enter “services.msc” in your input bar and click the “OK” button to visit the Service Manager settings.
- Find the Windows Audio service in the list of services available in the section.
- Double-click it to open its properties for configuring its startup settings.
- Set the start time to automatic and Apply the new settings.
- Restart your computer and see if your problem is solved or not.
Fix 4: Updating old Realtek Audio Driver
If you haven’t updated your Realtek audio drivers for a long period of time then it is a good idea to check this method for safeguarding yourself from any update issues on your Windows 10 setup.
There are a number of reasons why you should keep your audio driver updated. The most important reason is that all Windows systems (like Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP) have integrated drivers for all motherboard sound cards, audio cards and even for the HDMI sound which allows your PC or laptop to produce music (during video playback or games) through connected speakers or home theatre system which are plugged in.
There are two methods to update your audio drivers like manual update and automatic update.
- Manual driver update:
To update audio drivers manually you have to go to the device manager on your computer or laptop and find your audio drivers. Afterward, you can right-click on them to select the update option from the drop-down menu.
- Automatic update:
You can install multiple programs on the market like Driver Easy to automatically update all of your drivers in a single click including your audio card drivers.
You can choose from various driver update software sab level in the market but we would suggest you go for Driver Easy because of its easy-to-use interface and a no-fees service to get an extremely simple updating experience.
Q. Why Realtek Audio Driver problem arises in Windows 10 computers?
While there are too many reasons but the main cause of Realtek audio driver problems is outdated or misleading audio drivers setup installed on your computer which that can cause some serious audio problems on your device.
Q. Is it important to install Realtek Audio Driver For Windows 10?
Realtek audio driver is one of the easiest to use in the audio driver industry for your system that supports DTS, surround sound, and Dolby audio quality with man more options to enhance your sound quality. When you have these drivers, your audio output improves and you will be able to better do any of the tasks.
Realtek audio driver is a simple solution for your Windows computer or laptop that allows you to easily manage any audio settings using a simple system tray designed to control your audio output settings.
For some reason, lots of people encounter problems with Realtek audio drivers not working on their Windows computers. That’s why we wrote this article in the hope that by reading you will be able to find a solution.
For further technical assistance, please leave a comment below and we will personally help you in troubleshooting your Windows 10 computer as soon as we can.