The Pink Screen of Death is also known as PSOD in Windows 10 computers which is a relatively unusual error that changes the normal screen colour to change in light pink and shows a message of “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you” and then your computer shuts down automatically.
So, if you have encountered this problem in your Windows 10 computer then don’t worry because we have many solutions that will allow you to quickly and easily restore system functionality on your device without taking any time at all.
Why users face Pink Screen Of Death On Windows 10?
The pink screen of death in Windows is mainly caused by incorrect configuration between the hardware and software components of a Windows laptop or computer.
Sometimes users find that a broken cable is the main source of the pink screen of death on their Windows operating system.
Another reason for this situation is video driver problems which are common with major vendors in the market.
Some users who don’t know how to use the graphics card might plug it into the wrong slot, which can cause lots of errors on the system display, including a pink screen of death.
How to remove the Pink Screen Of Death On Windows 10?
Fix 1: Check your monitor cable and basic connections.
The pink screen of death is usually caused by a cable problem between the monitor and the desktop. So first make sure the monitor cable is properly connected to the correct port on your computer.
Also, try to turn off any external gadgets such as USB devices, secondary monitors, microphones, speakers, etc. to check if all your hardware is working properly from your computer.
Moreover, make sure to replace the ports on your display adapter to see if there’s a common socket fault, and change the old adapter cable with a new one to make sure it’s not a hardware problem.
If your problem did not solve then move on to the next solution on the list.
Also Read: How to Fix: System Service Exception Stop Error in Windows 10/8/7 (BSOD)
Fix 2: Try to enable safe mode
Several individuals have faced the pink screen of death in the past and have granted access to Safe Mode on Windows 10 computers to check for any bugs and software issues on its troubleshooting programs.
Safe Mode is a better way to deal with the pink screen of death on a Windows computer, but before entering safe mode you have to pass from a windows recovery environment which you can do by turning off and on your device repeatedly
1. Present hold the power button of your windows computer or laptop for over 10 seconds to turn off your device.
2. Once your device turns off restart it and turns it off again by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
3. Perform this process, again and again, to force a windows recovery environment on your Windows 10 based computer.
4. After you have successfully initiated the windows recovery environment then you can select the troubleshoot property to go into the advanced option.
5. Selecting the startup setup settings and you will be introduced to the setting’s page on your computer which will enable safe mode at the moment you press the restart button.
After rebooting, you need to find out if your PSOD problem is solved or not. If not, move on to the next solution on our list.
Fix 3: Un-Installing & Re-installing the Display Drivers
Regular Windows 10 users often get corrupted or old display drivers, which lastly result in a pink screen of death on your computer. Hence, you need to remove this driver and reverse the effect so that your screen returns to its normal settings.
1. Try to open device manager and if you can’t then go to the previous solution and open device manager from windows troubleshoot options.
2. Navigate to display adaptors and right-click on the primary display adaptor of your windows 10 computer.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu click on the uninstall button to remove any old display drivers.
4. Confirm the installation by checking if the driver is completely removed from the device manager’s screen.
5. Then, go on the internet and search for that exact driver’s name on the official website of Intel or any other manufacturer that you purchased your monitor from.
6. Download the latest drivers and double click on them to install it on your Windows 10 computer.
7. Now restart the device and this should solve your pink screen problem.
Fix 4: Updating Graphic Card’s Drivers
Users who are using old graphic card drivers on their Windows computers may encounter this problem as it preventing Windows from working properly which you can easily fix by replacing the old drivers with new versions.
Even though it’s recommended that you install the driver from the manufacturer’s website, but if you can’t find your driver’s name or you run into a problem while updating them then you can use third-party driver updater software like Driver Boost to update all your drivers with one-click setup.
Fix 5: Remove the latest installed programs
Sometimes new program that you might have accidentally installed on your computer can have a virus file attached to them that could show you the pink screen of death, so removing the latest program can work in your favor by uninstalling the virus or corrupted file from your computer completely.
1. Activate safe mode by looking at our above steps.
2. Now go to the control panel and click on the programs and features button.
3. Then you will be introduced to a screen that will let you check for and programs that you have recently installed.
4. Double click on any of the invalid or unknown software and press the uninstall button to remove them from your computer.
5. After you have confirmed that the files containing the virus or bugs have been removed, you can restart your computer to see if the error has been resolved.
This article is designed to help you understand the cause of your pink screen of death problem and we hope that you will be able to solve it using many of our solutions listed above.
However, if you have tried all of the solutions and the problem remains, it is recommended that you contact your computer professional in this field around your area.
Also, if you have any questions, we are happy to answer them for you in the comments below to help you better troubleshoot the problem with your computer, so be sure to ask us anything you like.