If want to know how to change Spotify username then you are at the right place. If you enjoy playing music on your smartphone or on your computer, then you may have heard of Spotify as it is one of the most popular online platforms for playing music on the internet.
After you start using their service and browse their various categories of music on their platforms you get to experience thousands of songs that are published daily on the website which are then later accessed by more than 140 million people every day.
However, once you create a Spotify account, most users always run into an issue where they get stuck with a username that they created the first time and it’s quite difficult to change it later.
That’s why we wrote this article today to help you solve this problem by providing a number of solutions for you to try on your Spotify account.
What is Spotify and how to change Spotify username
Spotify is a digital audio streaming platform that is used for storing millions of songs, podcasts, videos, and other things on the internet which you can access from any country.
Spotify is fully-packed with original artists spread across the country to show off their music skills on their website, which you can access from any smartphone app available on the Play Store or desktop software for a completely free and uninterrupted music listening experience.
Solutions on How to Change Spotify Username
Unfortunately, Spotify doesn’t directly allow you to change your username free of charge but there are some solutions around their services that you can use to replace your real Spotify username with another name.
These are some of the common solutions for changing your old Spotify name to a newer one that you should follow to get the desired username of your own on their website.
Sol 1: By changing your display name.
Since you can not change your Spotify username but you can try to change the display name of your profile by an easy process that will appear on your playlist and friends’ search results.
- Open Spotify and Sing-In to your account.
- Go to your settings page by clicking on the gear icon on top.
- Now, click on the edit profile button present at the century of the screen.
- Change your Display Name, according to your needs in the highlighted section.
- Finally, go back to your home screen, and you are done.
Remember that this method will only change your display name and not your original username and if you are not satisfied with the results then you can try other solutions from the list.
Sol 2: By Replacing your username with Facebook’s Profile name.
Another solution is to change your display name to your Facebook profile name and if you have already connected your Facebook account from Spotify then this process will overwrite the previous name from the newer one.
- Open this Spotify website on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Now go to the drop-down menu and select the settings tab from the right side of your screen.
- Navigator with root the page to find connect to Facebook option and click on it to continue the process.
- After that a new window should open in which you have to enter your Facebook password and email to log in to your account.
- Now follow the steps to agree to all of their teams and services and you’ll be done in a second.
Note: If you don’t have a Facebook account, then you can simply create it by Signing-In to Facebook’s new user’s page.
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Then go to your profile page from the settings tab present on the top right side of the screen.
- Try to find the social media tab at the bottom of the page profile page.
- Select the social button to open a menu in which you will have to find a “Connect to Facebook” option.
- Click on the button to fill in your details and you’ll get logged in from your Facebook account.
- Afterward, your display name will automatically be changed to your Facebook profile name.
Sol 3: By contacting Spotify’s support team.
Although, Spotify doesn’t have a toll-free number that you can directly contact there are a number of ways with can help you reach their services team but it can take some time to register your complaint or get an answer at all.
Over the past 18 months, many of the subscribers of Spotify were able to reach their customer care by contacting them via email, website, or Twitter account to address the problems which you can also use to communicate and ask for any solution.
Sol 4: By creating a new account and transferring all your data there.
You can create a completely new account with the username that you want and transfer your playlist and other information on that account but if you have a subscription then you need to cancel it beforehand as you will not be able to close that previous account while an active subscription.
Remember that you need to contact the Spotify support team within 7 days to retain all of its information, libraries, and collections of music on your new username.
Also, you cannot get the same username twice so before closing an account you should remember to finalize your mindset of closing the previous one.
With Spotify, you get to enter a digital world of music to stream unlimited hours of songs, videos, and podcasts from your device which makes it very easy for the general user to get entertainment right from their smartphone.
However, some users you facing a common problem in which they have to get a new username for their account but they can’t as it is not possible because Spotify doesn’t allow you to change your username and you can only change your display name from their website.
That is why we have shown you some of the popular ways of changing your display name on mobile and windows devices to get you up and running on your songs in no time at all on any device.