Google chrome is very common to use for work nowadays. If any problem occurs, then you just search out on chrome, and you get answers in different forms. But very often, something happens that many sites do not respond to or not open after searching.
In this situation, what most people do is just leave that site and start finding their content on many other websites. But now, it will not happen because today, in this article, we will elaborate on this basic problem in detail, and you will get to know how to simplify you can open these sites.
What is the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error?
Let us discuss what the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error basically is. The “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” (or “No data received”) error appears when you are trying to access a website, and that website is not responding or not able to send the data in response to you.
Or you can say that the server closed the connection without sending any sort of data.
Why Does This Problem Occur? Or Why Does This Happen?
This problem may occur due to various issues, which includes
- Too much browser cache.
- A bad, unstable network connection.
- Problematic temp files.
- Running programs, such as faulty extensions that could affect or damage the Google Chrome browser.
- Sometimes the page doesn’t load due to server problems.
How To Fix Err Empty Response Errors On Windows
Method 1: Check Internet connection
First of all, check your internet connection as it is possible that your internet connection may get lost in the middle of the work. Check the router correctly, and then you can also do an internet speed test because many times, the speed of the Internet becomes flame. And if you see such a problem, then you can call your internet provider and tell him your problem.
Method 2: Clear Google Chrome Browser Data
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE or (No data received) error also can occur when there is an overabundance of the browser cache.
You can try to unload or clear the browsing data.
Following are the steps you can follow down for clearing your browsing data:
Step 1: Run Google chrome browser on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the three vertically aligned dots / more options icon and then select history from the context menu.
You can simply press the Ctrl, Shift and Delete keys (on your keyboard) at the same time.
Step 3: Now, go to the left-pane menu and click ‘Clear browsing data.
You can also set the time range to the period from the beginning of time, check all the items, and then click the Clear browsing data button.
Step 4: Just click on the Clear data option
And it’s done your browsing data has been cleared now.
I hope this method will work, but even if it does not work, then you can also try other methods to fix the error.
Method 3: Updating your Device Drivers
It is also possible that the drivers of your computer are not updated, which may cause this error. To get rid of this, you can correct the error by updating your computer drivers.
You can update your computer driver’s through the following methods:
- Directly through the computer (or) through device manager
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter the device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see the names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Select Update Driver.
- If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
Method 4: Resetting Your Network Settings
Sometimes the network settings in the computer are configured incorrectly. That can also be the main reason for the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.
You can configure the Internet setting correctly by using the following steps in your device:
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S.
- Now, type “Command Prompt.”
- Right-click Command Prompt, then select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted to give permission to the app, click yes.
- Once Command Prompt is up, run the following commands (press Enter after every command line):
netsh winsock reset
net stop dhcp
net start dhcp
netsh winhttp reset proxy
Correct the Internet configures setting from these commands and check your error will definitely be solved. If this method also doesn’t work on your computer, then you probably use another simple method to find out the solution to this error.
Method 5: Disable Extensions
To disable the extension in your chrome browser, you can follow the steps written down because while we are browsing the internet, chrome automatically turns off one or more extensions to save the data. To do so:
- Click on the three vertically aligned dots / more options icon and then select an extension from the context menu.
- Disable all the extensions which are installed in the chrome browser on your device.
- Restart the Google Chrome browser to check whether the error is solved or not.
Method 6: Use a VPN connection for a better browsing
VPN allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet. They can be used to access region-restricted websites.
VPN also helps in bypassing the interruption when such kind of error happens.
Method 7: Try Using the Incognito Mode
This kind of error can also be fixed by using third-party extensions like Incognito.
To run incognito mode in your chrome, follow the steps:
- Press the Menu button in the top right corner.
- Select a new incognito window. Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl + Shift + N shortcut.
- Now, you can run the incognito mode and open the error website.
Here we have provided you the Varieties of Method. After using all these methods, the error will definitely disappear. If you get any kind of problem with any of the above methods, then you can refer to YouTube for specific instructions.
Usually, the error Err_empty_response can be resolved by using these methods.