cool screen saver not working? Windows offers its users a variety of programs that can help them improve the performance and experience on their computer and Screensavers is a perfect example of this.
Screen savers are basically programs that run automatically whenever you leave your computer for a long time to save power and increase security by displaying certain images on your screen.
They also prevent other users from using your data without logging in to your computer and to make your Windows 10 system more secure for general customers to use.
While modern monitors don’t need to worry about screen savers, as they have an inbuilt timer to do all those tasks automatically.
However, if you still need a screen saver and it’s not working, this could be a great problem on your computer.
In this article, we’ve shown you several ways to regain access to your cool screen saver and use it properly on your computer, so you can reduce your electricity bill, extend battery life, and save energy at the same time.
Fix Cool Screen Saver Not Working On Windows 10
Fix 1: Check if your screen saver is enables
In your new windows machine enabling a screensaver is quite an easy task and you can do it within minutes by going to “Personalize -> Lock screen -> Screen saver settings”.
Then you can easily select a cool screen saver from the drop-down menu which has a free screensaver pre-installed for your Windows computer.
Moreover, you can also adjust many properties like how long it will be running and other things to fully customize your screen saver experience on your computer.
Fix 2: Update your Windows 10 files
Installing Windows security updates is a very important task that everyone should do as it not only protects you from malicious attacks but also eliminates all error issues like this cool screensaver not working on Windows 10 computers.
We recommend that you select the automatic update option in Windows Update settings to avoid any possibility of future update problems.
For updating your windows 10 setup go to “Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update” and download any pending updates on your device.
Fix 3: Update device drivers
We have discussed the importance of updating drivers in many articles and when this problem happens, it’s important to look for the display driver on your Windows 10 machine.
Old or corrupted drivers can cause many problems as the hardware won’t function properly with the software.
You can update all the drivers from the Windows Update tab as shown in the previous method and if you want to update each driver individually, you can go to Device Manager to get the latest device driver for screen saver errors.
Fix 4: Change your power management settings
The screen saver is a power-saving feature that is directly affected by your Windows power management settings.
If your power settings are corrupted or changed by a program, it could cause serious problems by affecting the screen saver behavior of your computer.
Here’s a way to solve the problem:
- First open settings from the search menu in windows 10.
- Go to the systems tab on your settings menu.
- Now from the left menu select the power and sleep options.
- Click on the additional power settings to open the power management options.
- Select the change settings on the bottom of the page to open the management panel.
- Now restore all the default settings from the given butter and click on the save changes to continue the process.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check if your screen saver is working or not.
Fix 5: Run Troubleshooter for power settings
You can fully customize Windows power settings to suit your needs due to which many applications and viruses use this feature to tamper with default properties.
For example, it will affect the Windows 10 screen saver when an error occurs. Therefore, choosing the right power settings is an essential part of achieving a more efficient workflow.
To do so you need to run a troubleshooting program on your computer to get notified about certain messages to fix them automatically.
- Open the Windows settings tab by pressing the “Windows + I” key simultaneously on your device.
- Now look for the Update & Security section to open them.
- Find the troubleshoot option from the right side of the menu.
- Click on the Additional troubleshoot link and select the power option.
- Let the troubleshoot program run for while and restart your computer afterwards to check if the problem is resolved.
Fix 6: Run the DISM scan
DSM is a powerful Windows feature that takes care of unexpected errors on your system by scanning all Windows files and tools to find corrupt or misplaced files in local storage.
This is a pretty good option for checking if that cool screen saver not working properly, so you can try to fix it yourself on your Windows device.
- Run the utility setup by pressing “Windows + R” simultaneously on your device.
- Now type CMD and press control shift + enter to run the setup in administrative settings.
- Now, type the given commands one by one to perform the DISM scan.
“Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth”
“Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth”
“Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth”
- Later restart your computer to check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 7: Use Windows recovery mode
The Windows Recovery Tool is a repair utility that allows you to make changes to the operating system that you may have caused accidentally.
This makes it the perfect solution to this problem of screensaver not showing error.
Remember that Windows Recovery is an advanced startup option that should only be used if all the solutions above have failed to fix your problem as a last method of choice.
- Open the Windows search menu in the taskbar at the bottom.
- Enter “recovery” in the search box and click recovery settings at the control panel.
- Now, among the advanced recovery tools select the middle option which is an “open system restore” to undo all recent changes without deleting the user data.
- Now move to the setup and wait for it to finish.
- After a restart, this will definitely solve the problem of screen saver not working on your Windows computer.
The problem Cool Screen Saver Not Working On Windows 10 is quite an annoying issue for any individual and it prevents you from using screensaver in your device.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of different solutions that you can apply to your Windows 10 to fix this screensaver problem.
Feel free to ask us anything about this topic or any other computer problem for an instant fix with a specific solution from your experts.